Monday, December 12, 2011

Oh Shit!

     I had a pretty good Friday night. Lot's of personals, and about 1am they are all delivered to their favorite spots. Now it's flagging time. I'm making tight circles downtown, fishing for people coming off the 1000 block of K. Having K Street open now for those few blocks is good for business.
     Round the corner, shouting and giggling. Stop at the light. Barefoot young women carrying their cruel shoes and tiptoeing in their bare feet.
     Round the corner. Angry shouting. Can't see anyone. Approaching K on 12th...... . . .Oh Shit! A pile of about 12 or so young Asian men in dress casual: Ya know; newer jeans, with a sport coat. They are throwing punches and insults and moving en mass from the side walk by Gallagher's into the street. I'm already in the far right lane, and I gun it to get past. There was no way I could have turned around. They were about 6 feet from my cab when I passed.
     I moved down to almost L Street. I called 911. They were busy. When I finally got someone, there were about 40 guys there at 12th and K. I told the 911 people when the first cop showed up, but also: "There's only one cop." "There are at least 2 dozen people fighting now: OK, there's another cop."
     I left when the second cop car showed up. I'd been watching from my rear view mirror. When I rounded the corner from L onto Tenth, I noticed everyone was in confrontation mode: Women screaming at their dates to fuck off, Guys going "What I do?", Guys loudly discussing where the car is, and the relative merits of actually driving it home.
     It was time for me to go home.

1 comment:

  1. Oakland Airport Cabs is one of the best and reliable company.And we can get the services of pick and drop from this popular company.

    ReplyDelete